- Let the piece of furniture dry in a warm room with good air flow.
- If any white spots remain, mix toothpaste and baking soda, rub this on and around the white spots.
- Time to clean any mildew that soaked into the wood past the finish. Clean it with bleach and apply a new finish on top.
- If the furniture veneer has warped in anyway, soak it in moisturizer until it stays flat again. Dry it well. Fill a syringe with veneer glue and release the glue between the veneer and the furniture’s body. Place something on top to hold it in place.
- If the damage is from dark, dirty water, then it is best to trash the carpet. If you don’t bacteria will linger and may cause illness.
- If the damage is from clean or unsanitary water, remove the damaged carpet and let it dry. Trash the padding and let it dry, elevated for up to 12 hours. If mold has grown, hire a professional to finish the cleaning to avoid illness.
That’s carpets, your becoming a pro at this!
- Coconut oil can actually restore water damaged wood, though the tint of said wood may be darker afterwards.
- Same goes for vinegar, just as above.
- To get out water marks, use a spray shellac on said marks.